Mobile Broadband or Mi-Fi devices allow you to connect to Wi-Fi by using 3G or 4G mobile data. There are two main types of Mi-Fi devices that Daisy provide: dongles and mobile Wi-Fi routers. A dongle is a small USB device that plugs directly into your PC or laptop’s USB port. A mobile router is a slightly device that your PC or laptop can connect to via Wi-Fi.
Troubleshooting for Common Issues
Please note, your device comes with a quick start guide, which will contain instructions on how to get set up . However, if you are struggling to connect to the internet, please follow the below steps.
- Check your SIM card has been activated
- If you have purchased a Mi-Fi device from Daisy, you will need to activate the SIM card. You can do this through our My Account portal: https://myaccount.daisygroup.com/account/login
- If you have received a Mi-Fi device as part of a Broadband Disaster Recovery case, your SIM card should be preactivated.
- Check your area is covered by the network
- Check the data SIM is inserted correctly.
- In order to connect to the internet using one of these devices, you will need a data SIM card.
- Please ensure the SIM card is inserted in the SIM slot, facing the correct way.
- Some models are locked to a specific network, i.e. an o2 data SIM will not work with a Vodafone mobile router.
- Check the device is turned on
- Mobile routers run on a battery. If you can not turn your mobile router on, the battery may be flat and need charging.
- If the device is already turned on, turn it off, and then back on again.
- Dongles will automatically turn on when plugged into your device’s USB port.
If the Sim is correctly inserted, and the device is powered on, the next step would be to ensure you are connecting to the device correctly. This process varies depending on the make and model of your device. Due to this, we would advise using a search engine to find a step by step user guide for setting up your specific dongle or mobile router.
If you are still unable to connect to the internet after following the above steps, please contact Daisy and we will do our best to help you get online.