What is SIP Trunking?
SIP Trunking (Session Initiation Protocol) is a flexible, low cost alternative to ISDN.
Using SIP allows your customers to experience the benefits of a hosted solution, without removing their existing legacy telephone equipment.
SIP optimises their data connection so that they have just one line for both voice services and the internet. Put simply, it’s an evolution from a traditional phone system to one that can withstand whatever changes the future may bring.
Your customers get the benefits of a hosted voice solution on the phones they’ve already got and you benefit from getting them one step closer to the cloud.
Benefits of SIP Trunking
- Minimise Disruption – Retain your existing phone system.
- Business Continuity – Never miss a call with automatic call diverts using the free Daisy Web Portal.
- Reduce Charges – Standard SIP trunk prices are £6 per month per trunk, compared to an average
of £16 per channel of an ISDN30. The cost benefits are clear.
- Free Calls – ‘On-net’ calls between customer sites are provided free of charge.
- No Geographic Constraints – Operate without geographic telephone number constraints (UK numbers only), and keep your number even when you move.*
- Overlay Services Available – Use services such as call recording and call reporting without on-site hardware.